BAYSIDE WASTE AND RECYCLING CENTRE
Future Recycling is the new leaseholder of the Bayside Waste and Recycling Centre at Cheltenham.
Over the coming months, Future Recycling will transform the centre into a state-of-the-art facility focused on sustainable recycling initiatives. The redevelopment will take place over three stages and the centre will remain fully operational throughout all stages of development.
The upgraded centre will offer a range of recycling solutions, making it easier and more convenient for residents to dispose of their waste responsibly. The centre will also be able to accept a larger variety of materials, reducing the amount of waste going to landfill and helping to create a more sustainable future.
Upgrades will include:
• Under cover drop off area
• New purpose-built recycling bays
• A concrete hardstand installed over the entire site to minimise dust and debris
• Refund Point Container Deposit Scheme (CDS) – Open Now
• A recycling shop (in association with Vinnies) – coming in 2024
At the Future Recycling Waste Transfer Station at Cheltenham, material is sorted manually to recover the maximum reusable and recyclable content. Our aim is to extract as much recyclable material as possible from waste streams to avoid landfill. Most waste types accepted including builders’ waste, general waste, green waste and recyclables such as cardboard, car batteries and metals including white goods and electronics.
Waste is charged by the cubic metre – click below for more information.
Work in progress at our Bayside Waste & Recycling Centre Watch now
A leader in waste management
60,000 tonnes capacity
Waste diverted from landfill
Well-planned traffic flow
- Target of annual 70% diversion from landfill
- Investment in the latest equipment
- Computerised public weigh bridge records volume and type of waste along with client details
- Well-planned traffic flow by waste-stream ensures efficiency in delivery
- Unloading service meets OHS requirements
- Most waste types accepted including builders’ waste, general waste, green waste and recyclables such as cardboard, car batteries and metals (including white goods and electronics)
- Fees are charged according to the type of waste.
- Additional charges apply for oil, tyres, gas bottles and bed bases / mattresses with springs
- Some recyclables are accepted free of charge
To provide you with peace of mind we are accredited and certified AS/NZS 4801 Safety, ISO 14001 Environmental and ISO 9001 Quality.
We accept all kinds of waste excluding asbestos and polystyrene. Waste is charged by the cubic metre.
- Hard Rubbish
- Commercial / Builders’ Waste
- Domestic / General Waste
- Green Waste
- Timber Waste
- Bricks / Concrete
- Metal (FREE)
- Paint / Oil
- Gas Bottles
- Car Batteries (FREE)